Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Turning the blob into people

Welcome to EHS. I just saw all of you in the gym. Actually, I just saw a big blob of you sitting in the bleachers. I am looking forward to transforming that blob into individual faces and stories. It will all begin soon. However, do not think that you are the only one who may be nervous today. Last night, I had a fitful night of sleep and dreamt that I was roaming the halls with nowhere to hang my coat. My copies weren't ready. The doors were locked. My keys were nowhere to be found. You were all there, staring at me, looking for me to say something profound. That's when I woke up. After eight years teaching at this school, I still feel like a new kid when the year begins again. We will all get through this first week together.

No comments:

Post a Comment